top of page

NorCal 7/10 - 7/15

Saturday: San José - Redding

On July 10 in the afternoon, my family and I left San Jose to head to Redding with our friends. It took about four and a half hours. When we arrived at Redding, we stopped by Costco to buy some food. Then, we drove to our house and unpacked. When we finished, we played some card games and ate dinner. By the time we finished eating, it was 10 pm. We got our beds ready and brushed our teeth. We played some more card games and went to sleep.

Sunday: McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park

When I woke up after a good night’s sleep, I went down to the kitchen looking for something yummy to eat. I got out a Cup Noodles, put hot water in, and ate it. Yummy! Once everyone got up and ate their breakfast, we jumped into our car and drove to Burney Falls. We spent about 7 hours there. We went down to the falls and took many pictures. It was a boiling day, but when we came down, we were all relieved by the freshness and moisture of the water. Then, we spent the rest of the time on a very, very hot hike. It was tiring. We got home, ate dinner, played video games and watched TV, and went to sleep.

Burney Falls


Monday: Shasta Lake Day I

On a hot morning, I woke up in a cool, air-conditioned room, waiting for an exciting day to happen. I was going to go on a boat on Shasta Lake! I went down to the kitchen and ate some fried hash browns. Then, I went up to my room and changed into my swim clothes. My family then went down to the driveway to help my friend’s family with the boat. We departed once the vessel was ready. When we got to the boat dock, we loaded everything in, jumped in, and drove away. It was a humid afternoon. I was relieved when I got into the water. My favorite part of the day was when I went tubing. It was both fun and exciting, and scary as it was the first time I went tubing. We spent the rest of the day until 6 pm, taking turns boating and water skiing. When we got home, we were all tired! We took a shower, ate dinner, watched a movie, and went to sleep.

Going tubing on Shasta Lake


Tuesday: Lassen Volcanic National Park

On a hotter morning than the day before, my family and friends left for Lassen Volcanic National Park. It took about 2 hours to get there. I had massive headaches! Once we arrived, it was boiling! We went into the Visitor Center and bought some books and magnets. Then we went on our 30-mile tour. It took longer than expected because we stopped by each station to take pictures. It was worth it! The scenery was beautiful. We finally got back to Redding around 10 pm. For some reason, no one was tired. We ate dinner and played card games. By the time we finished, it was midnight. We quickly brushed our teeth and showered. I finally went to sleep at 1 am.

At Lassen Volcanic National Park


Wednesday: Shasta Lake Day II

On a bright and sunny morning in Redding, my family and friends decided to boat on Shasta Lake again. We departed our house and drove to the boat dock. We quickly hopped into the boat and drove away. We spent time swimming in the lake, went tubing and water skiing. It was more fun than the first day we went. This time, we went home early and ate In-N-Out for dinner. We went home, took a shower, played video games, brushed our teeth, and went to sleep.

At Shasta Lake (again)


Thursday: Redding - San José

At noon on July 15, everyone packed up and got ready to go home. We took some pictures in front of our home, said goodbye, and departed. It was a great vacation. When I got back to San Jose, I ran to my grandparents' room and said hi to them. I will be looking forward to the next time I go on the trip.

34 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All

1 則留言

Rachel Nguyen
Rachel Nguyen


I like how you are just about floating off the ground in the second to last photo.

bottom of page